Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beaded Fishy?


Have you ever been in one of those mellow moods where you are ready and happy to try something new? At a recent meeting of the Granby Artist's Association, fish to benefit the Farmington Valley Watershed Association (FVWA) were offered to members to paint. The fish would then be autioned off to benefit the FVWA. As soon as I got mine, one of my friends said "Oh Anne, you will have to bead yours!" I knew that to bead it sculpturally would take a few hundred hours, so I thought I would try beads and glue...After I started gluing the beads on, I thought that I should have underpainted the fish first.....so I bought some glitter....and glued the glitter on after the beads were glued down. Impatient to see the fish before the glue dried, I took hairdryer to it. The glitter flew everywhere - in my hair, up my nose, all over my clothers....Ah well. The fish was finally modpodged to seal the glitter, and here is a picture, in all its fishy glory. Now he(or she) just needs a name. Sparkle Plenty, Liberace Fishy? Haven't decided yet.

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic fish! Great idea to fill in with glitter (not so great idea to use the hairdryer... but then you wouldn't have as good of a story!)

    ReplyDelete