Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lorelei Michael's Blog Challenge

Lorelei Eurto sponsored a blog challenge for anyone to participate in. Participants were asked to go to Michaels and purchase a set of beads and make a necklace. Additions could be two types of beads, a clasp (which we could make) and a focal.  I went for a multi-strand Chico's type of look. My two types of beads were seed beads in an amber and a cream.  The green pearls were smaller than the rest of the beads, so to make them into larger components, I wove them into margeurite beads and used the amber beads to make a chain. I like the two stranded effect of the amber beads, but will redo this chain and use metal seed beads. I chose not to add a toggle - the necklace is long enough to slip over my head. I have a jade butterfly that I wanted  to use as a focal, but could not find it anywhere.....time to clean!! I absolutely love the colors - they are nice and crisp and clean, and wanted to to the challenge because I do very little stringing - mostly beadweaving. I think there is a trick and a talent to stringing a necklace that is interesting and wearable.  Now you may want to head over to Lorelei's blog - check the necklaces made by people who do not blog, and click on the links to see what other people did.  Thanks Lorelei - this was fun.  http://lorelei1141.blogspot.com/2010/10/michaels-reader-challenge-blog-hop.html

22 comments:

  1. oooh pretty! I love the long style and love the addition of the seed beads! YOu did a great job!
    I hope you play along next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm really loving the addition of those reddish-brown beads, they really offset everything else in a very pleasant way. :) I'm also loving the beads you made out of the little green pearls! Great textures all around. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty, and definitely highlights the pieces Lorelei picked out for us. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the double seedbeads and grouped the little green pearls..lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little flowers you made with the green pearls. So lovely -- great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beads you made with the little green pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the addition of red and the green pearl beads.
    Contrary to you I am a stringer and not a beader so my challenge was the white chain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the multistrand look! Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool necklace! You've done a great job here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Youve put alot of work into your necklace and its Quite pretty! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good multistrand necklace. This one is so good! I love that rusty color. It really balances the cool of the green. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL - i hate it when i KNOW i have a bead around here somewhere.....
    Very pretty necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layering of the strands. The necklace is well balanced and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The multi-strands give the piece a really luxurious feeling. The amber beads add a nice contrast in color and look like knotted chord. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luxurious and long multi-strands give this piece a great flow. A beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like that instead of a focal, you made it sort of involved all the way through. so much is going on. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adding that amber was perfect! Such a beautiful, dramatic necklace...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anne - I like the way you incorporated all the elements into this design and made it your own. The seed beads are a fantastic color pop and the bead clusters add so much interest and texture. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty. I love the red seed beads and pearls! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous! I love the added seed bead layer.

    ReplyDelete