Thursday, September 16, 2010

Painting with Laura J. Eden

I was about ready to hang up my paintbrushes and John Pike palette, but that has all changed. Yesterday Mom and I went to our first painting class with Laura Eden http://www.laurajeden.com/ Laura is a great friend and a fellow artist of Granby Artist's Association. I'd taken a class from Laura years ago and learned so much from her style of teaching. The painting I created in that class is one of my favorites. The first class was a demo and it was wonderful. The class was held at Holcomb Farm in Granby, the perfect venue for enjoying the local scenery. Both Mom and I came away with copious notes, new skills, and renewed enthusiasm for painting.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to learn how to paint in watercolor. Maybe someday I'll finally get around to taking a class. So where is a picture of your class work????!!!!

    ReplyDelete