Monday, May 17, 2010

The Muse Missed Her Target Date








It used to be that I was meticulous about meeting deadlines and dates. I worked writing procedures at an Insurance Company in Hartford and did not miss one deadline in 1 1/2 years. Not one. Since retiring, the days often run in to each other. I have to remind myself what day of the week it is. Some days, the whole day will pass by in a wink. Not that this is bad - but I missed the deadline for "Use the Muse" by a day. In spite of having the time set aside. In spite of having the project almost done.


This time, I made a choice to make something totally for me. Not a really complex item, but something simple and wearable. I used the wooden muse as a setting for a leaf and three trillium. They were created using lacemaking techniques that I learned from a pattern purchased from the immensely talented Cynthia Newcomer Daniel. The neckband uses the beautiful and tiny tiger eye beads and was completed using Russian Spiral. Its sits nicely on the neck. I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment